The Adventure Program is designed specifically for skiers between the ages of 9-18 keen to develop their skiing fitness and have a variety of fun outdoor experiences. It is significantly more than the Jackrabbit program.
- Participants will be exposed to new ski environments including backcountry touring, ski orienteering, telemark, and biathlon, as well as ongoing development of classic and skate techniques.
- The program will also introduce skiers to backcountry safety, winter camping and leadership all with the aim of fostering a love of skiing and outdoor winter life.
- Athletes are encouraged to establish personal fitness goals and strive to achieve them through skiing and other activities that they may be involved in.
Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons from Sept to April. Occasional events outside of these times (see examples below).
Participants should have basic classic and skate skiing abilities equal to completion of the Jackrabbit Level 3 program.
We recommend that all participants have both classic and skate skis (maybe a set of “rock skis”), with classic and skate poles. Combi boots are sufficient.
- Training is provided by volunteer certified coaches
- Dryland training includes drills/games, hikes, orienteering
- On-snow training includes drills/games, long skis, classic/skate
- Extra activities such as Fun Run (extra ~$15), CSM (extra ~$150) are planned events. Other events are encouraged (extra ~$15-$30 each).
Parents contribute significantly to the season’s activities, in addition to contributing to the club.
- Coaching: certification as Community Coach and higher
- Communication: news feed, club newsletter, website
- Photographers and videographers
- Safety: participating in activities and taking care of any that need it
- Events: planning, organizing, and running events or activities
- Sundays 1:15 to 3:30pm for dryland or on-snow training
- Thursdays 6:00pm to 7:30pm for dryland training at Mooney’s Bay
- Thursdays 6:30pm to 8:00pm for on-snow training at Nakkertok South
For more information, please contact Neil Fisher at email@example.com or 613-620-0140.