The Nakkertok Nordic Racing Program would like to hire up to 3 enthusiastic and committed individuals to assist in the delivery and implementation of the periodized training programs (dryland and on-snow) for the midget, juvenile and junior programs.
3 part time positions:
- 1 with the Junior program
- 2 with the Midget/Juvenile program
Primary responsibilities are:
Work with the program Lead Coach to support two practices sessions per week. While some flexibility will be possible, it’s expected that coaches would establish a regular schedule and consistently attend the same two practice sessions each week. Tuesday/Thursday evenings or Sunday/Saturday mornings. At each training session, work with the volunteer coaches and the athletes to effectively achieve the training session objectives, while mentoring the athletes to help them develop their sense of ownership in the process of their development as an athlete and person.
- Execute a practice plan communicated by the lead coach or development coach with the assistance of the volunteer coaching staff
- Communicate clearly, respectfully, and professional with athletes and parents at practice and answer (in conjunction with the program lead coach) limited communication outside of practice
- Act as lead coach for various groups when Lead Coach is absent
- Provide training program and practice plan insight.
- Participate in coach development sessions as required
- Assist or plan education and/or outdoor training sessions as needed that can include field experts to help in athlete/coach development (e.g. mental training, waxing, video analysis, yoga, injury prevention and treatment, nutrition, training equipment, race planning, race tactics and strategies, etc.).
- Assist the Lead Coach to plan and execute a training camp in the Ottawa region for either the Juniors or Midget/Juveniles. Camp duration between 2 and 4 days.
- Examples include:
- OWL Camp (juveniles and juniors) June 27 to 30
- Local Camp (juveniles and Juniors) July 27 to 30
- August Camp (Junior 2’s and NJDT) late August
- Midget training Day – Sept.?
- Midget On snow Camp – early Dec (2 days)
- Juvenile On snow Camp – late Nov/early Dec (3 days)
- Junior on snow camp late Nov (4 days)
- Potential to provide athlete support at one away race trip.
- Juveniles: OCUP or QCUP
- Midgets: e.g. NORAMS, XCSO midgets or Ontario Winter Games
- Submit fortnightly invoices to Nakkertok detailing workload
The responsibilities listed above are a guide to the scope of work and may not include all tasks required.
- Core hours: Tuesday/Thursday evenings 6:00-8:00 PM (2 hrs each) or Sunday/Saturday mornings (2.5 hrs) for a total of 4 to 5 hours per week
- Additional opportunities:
- Occasional planning and communication (~1.0 hrs)
- Occasional coach meetings (~1 hrs)
- Maximum Total Weekly hours – 7.5
- Contract days paid – up to twelve (12) days (maximum 7.5 hours paid per day) over the course of the contract: for example;– one or two summer training camps, one early winter training camp, one away trip.
Term of Agreement
- June 1 2017 to April 2 2018
Expected Total Renumeration Value
- 44 weeks with up to 7.5 hrs/week (coach certification required
- Hourly and daily rate determined by experience and certification
- All professional development fees will be paid by the employer upon prior approval
Qualifications* and Experience
- A keen interest in coaching and instructing youth in cross-country skiing.
- NCCP certification: minimum is ICC and/or a willingness to work towards achieving ICC/CC and higher certification
- Demonstrated proficiency in classic, skate skiing and roller skiing.
- Ability to work collaboratively with volunteers in various roles.
- Willingness to apply for ‘Vulnerable Sector’ police record check
- First Aid-CPR ‘C’ certificate (desirable but not mandatory)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Sense of Humour
* Some of the above may be in-progress or fulfilled within an agreed-upon time;
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is May 26, 2017
Only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Questions? please contact email@example.com