- This event has passed.
Fall Fun Run
October 30, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
NAKKERTOK FALL FUN RUN
AT NAKKERTOK SOUTH
ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2016 AT 1 p.m.
Brought to You by Nakkertok’s Adventure Program*
WHO CAN ENTER?
- This event is open to all (ages 4 to 99), though we will cap numbers at 200.
WHAT TO EXPECT? An orienteering race with a twist
- On arrival, participants make up their own teams (two to four people) and indicate which of the three courses the team wants to race.
- Choices are: a 30-minute course, a 1-hour course or a 2-hour course.
- In a mass start for each of the three courses, teams take off and use maps (provided) and their navigating skills to race around Nakkertok South in search of orienteering controls (or flags).
- The aim is to find as many controls as possible within the time limit.
- Points will be given for controls found . . . but taken away for getting back past the time limit (one point per minute)!
- Awards will be given once all the teams are in and times are tallied.
- Drinks and snacks will be provided for all participants.
HOW TO REGISTER?
- Registration deadline is 11:59 p.m., Thursday, October 27. Race-day registration is not possible.
- Registration is online at Zone4.
- Register by year of birth (boys and girls race together).
- Although members race as a team (which could have a mix of age and gender), each person registers individually and pays according to their age.
- Ages 8 and under (birth year 2008 and later): $10
- Ages 9 and up (birth year 2007 and earlier): $15
- Maximum per family is $50. If you are registering a family of 4 or more, please check that option off below. If you are registering individuals, please pick the other option below and continue on to individual registrations.
ON THE DAY?
- Arrival: Make sure you arrive by 12:00 p.m. to sign in.
- Bring: A watch, appropriate clothing and footwear for running, a compass and a whistle. Also bring a cup, a bowl and a spoon for post-race refreshments.
A challenge for all ages; prizes; post-race refreshments; and a great ADVENTURE!
- For more information please contact Simona Verga at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kevin Thomson at email@example.com or Joanne Lostracco at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Nakkertok’s Adventure Program is for skiers 10 to 18 years of age who are keen to develop their skiing fitness through exposure to new ski environments (skiing a marathon, backcountry touring, ski orienteering, telemarking), while continuing to improve their classic and skate technique. The program also introduces skiers to backcountry safety and winter camping. Participants are encouraged to set personal fitness goals and strive to achieve or exceed them.