Fall Fun Run
November 5 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
NAKKERTOK FALL FUN RUN:
An orienteering race with a twist
When: Sunday, November 5th, 2017 12pm-5pm
Where: Nakkertok South
The Nakkertok Fun Run is the zaniest forest adventure of the season. Multi-age teams use map-reading skills to navigate the trails of Nakkertok in search of orienteering flags. Along the way teams are presented with fun challenges like balancing on a slackline, solving a riddle and climbing a wall. There is a special course for young athletes with more densely placed flags and age appropriate challenges.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- Anyone aged 4 and up. Registration is capped at 200.
|12pm||Arrival. Sign in. Distribution of maps.|
|2:00 – 3:30 (approx.)||Participants finish and hand in their punched control cards. Drinks and snacks provided.|
|4:00 (approx.)||Awards will be given once all the teams are in and points are tallied.|
- Ages 8 and under (birth year 2009 and later): $10
- Ages 9 and up (birth year 2008 and earlier): $15
- Maximum per family is $50. If you are registering a family of 4 or more, please check that option off below. If you are registering individuals, please pick the other option below and continue on to individual registrations.
- Registration deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Thursday November 2nd.
- Registration can be accessed on this link: Zone 4
- Race-day registration is not possible!!
ON THE DAY:
- Arrival: Make sure you arrive by 12:00 p.m. to sign in.
- Bring: A watch, appropriate clothing and footwear for running, a compass and a whistle. Also bring a cup, a bowl and a spoon for post-race refreshments.
A challenge for all ages; post-race refreshments; and a great ADVENTURE!
- For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Full Fun Run is brought to you by Nakkertok’s Adventure Program
Nakkertok’s Adventure Program is for skiers 9 to 18 years of age who are keen to develop their skiing fitness through exposure to new ski environments (skiing a marathon, backcountry touring, ski orienteering, telemarking), while continuing to improve their classic and skate technique. The program also introduces skiers to backcountry safety and winter camping. Participants are encouraged to set personal fitness goals and strive to achieve or exceed them.