NakkerCup #2: Fantastic February FunFest
February 28 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Time for a virtual skate race to close out February. See details below and please continue to adhere to COVID policies at Nakkertok, including wearing masks if not moving and keeping your distance from others. Please avoid gathering in a central area, start area, and finish zone.
February 28th, 2021
Interval start anytime between 8 am and 1 pm – you pick your own start time.
Nakkertok South (5 km Nationals course) or any course of your choice (such as the SJAM, Mooney’s etc). We will have a start and finish line at Nakkertok, or you can make your own! Click here to view the 5 km Nationals course.
- U14 and U16 – 5 km (1 loop)
- U18, U20, and Open – 10 km (2 loops)
How will it work?
- You decide on your start time, anytime between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm.
- Interval start, at least 30 seconds after other racers. Avoid racing in groups to keep it fair and safe for everyone.
- When you are ready, use your smart watch to record your time. Remember to stop the watch at the end of the race! Please do not gather in the finish area.
- Upload your time by 4pm on race day at the same link you receive with your confirmation after registration. Race results will be posted on the Nakkertok Events page of the Race Program web site after 6 pm on Feb 28th.
Note: We reserve the right to ask for photo proof from your watch, so make sure to record your time and screenshot or take a photo. A parent or someone else from your “close circle” can also do the timing, if that is easier. If parents are timing or cheering, be sure they wear a mask when they are not moving.
Steps to take
- Register by February 26th at midnight. To register, click here.
- Submit results on February 28th by 4 pm.
After you submit the registration form (step 1 above), you will receive an email confirmation with a link to edit your form. After you complete your race, from your email confirmation, click Edit response and update your registration form with your time.
Note: Check your Junk folder if you do not receive your email confirmation.
If you cannot find your registration confirmation email, you can also click here to submit results. Results must be submitted by 4 pm on February 28th.
- Respect all COVID rules: Wear a mask when not moving. Avoid gathering in groups. Keep your distance from others. Interval starts 30 seconds apart.
- Be aware and respectful of non-racers as the course will be open to casual skiers. Highest risk for encountering casual skiers moving in all directions is the stadium. Please be careful to avoid an accident. Some barriers and V boards will be present to limit this risk but racers must remain alert and vigilant.
- Honest athlete conduct is required.
- Waxing is NO FLOURO only (ie. Swix CH6, CH4 etc, Vauhti Pure, Rex G21,…).