We are looking for an enthusiastic, skilled cross country skier ideally with racing and coaching experience to join the coaching team at Nakkertok in a development role. In this position, you would assist one of the paid full-time coaches working with racers at 2-3 sessions per week ( 4.5-8 hours/ week) developing your coaching skills. There will be opportunities to travel on some away trips as support and to advance your coaching certifications.
- A keen interest in coaching and instructing youth in cross-country skiing
- Adhere to all Club and Program policies and procedures
- Demonstrated proficiency in classic, skate skiing and roller skiing
- NCCP certification:at least Community Coaching and working towards higher levels
- Nordiq Canada coaching licence
- Ability to work collaboratively with volunteers in various roles
- ‘Vulnerable Sector’ police record check.
- First Aid-CPR ‘C’ certificate (desirable but not mandatory)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Sense of Humour
- Ability to communicate in French and English is an asset
Start Date: January 2020
Term: January to mid April 2020 approx 10-15 weeks
Rate of Pay: between 15.25$- 15.75$/ hour depending on experience and certification.
Apply: please send a brief letter of interest and XC skiing CV to Lisa Allan ( race director) at email@example.com