Nakkertok – SkiFast program manager
The Nakkertok Nordic Center is one of the largest Nordic centers in Canada. We have excellent facilities with professional grooming as well as the ability to produce artificial snow. In addition, Nakkertok runs the Nakkertok SkiFast program, which is an outreach program that allows participants in school programs, clubs as well as the corporate sector to learn the basics of cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. The program is also responsible for instructing private and semi-private lessons at Nakkertok.
The Nakkertok Nordic Center is looking for an individual to fulfill the duties of Nakkertok SkiFast – Program Manager for the 2018-2019 season. We are looking for a motivated individual who is passionate about skiing.
Skills and experience:
- Ability to effectively communicate in both English and French;
- Successful experience in leadership and management;
- Proven track record in managing a small group of people;
- Experience teaching the basics of cross-country skiing;
- Strong cross-country skiing skills;
- Experience working with both active kids and adults;
- Ability to motivate and create a fun learning environment;
- Recognized cross-country skiing coaching certification is an asset ; as well as
- Certified First Aid is an asset.
- This position requires a Police Record Check; and
- Own, or has access to, a vehicle capable of transporting ski equipment.
This is a paid part-time position averaging approximately 20 hours a week with a start date of 5 November 2018 to approximately 15 April 2019. If you have a keen interest in leadership, ski and snowshoe instruction, and would like to contribute to the growth of cross-country skiing in our region, we invite you to consider putting your name forward as a candidate. Please email your resume and covering letter by 12 October 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.