The L2C posts for the past 24 hours will be delivered in a single email between 3 pm and 5 pm. It is still wise to check the website for the very last up-to-the-minute news.
Category Archives: L2C
May 15, 2013
This week is our first week of full training – including rollerskiing on Saturday. Please double-check your gear, make sure your wheels are in good shape, you have rollerski tips on your poles, and your helmet is ready to go.
Read on for some important early-season information.
Registration for the 2013/2014 season has been delayed due to technical issues. You will be notified as soon as it is operational!
We will also be posting this schedule to the Racing Calendar on the Nakkertok web site, and adding additional athlete educational opportunities as they arise.
As for Owl Camp, registration has not yet opened, but the form will be sent shortly.
Thursday, May 16th – 6-7:30 PM – Vincent Massey Park – Running shoes
Sunday, May 19th – 9-11:30 AM – P8 (Gatineau Park) – Skate rollerski equipment, running shoes
Thursday, May 23 – 6-7:30 PM – Arboretum – running shoes, ski-walking poles
Sunday, May 26 – 9-11:30 AM – P8 (Gatineau Park) – Skate rollerski equipment, running shoes, ski-walking poles
Thursday, May 30 – 6-8:00 PM – Vincent Massey Park – running shoes
Sunday, June 2 – 9-11:30 AM – P8 (Gatineau Park) – Skate rollerskis, running shoes, ski-walking poles
First Tuesday, June 4 – 6-8:00 PM – Pink Lake Parking Lot – running shoes
Thursday, June 6 – 6:30-8:00 PM - Nakkertok South – Running shoes
Sunday, June 9 – 9-11:30 AM – P8 (Gatineau Park) – Skate rollerskis, running shoes, ski-walking poles
Tuesday, June 11 – 6-7:30 PM –BeaverChase Road Race – running shoes, $5 entry fee
Thursday, June 13 – 6-8:00 PM – Arboretum – running shoes, ski-walking poles
Sunday, June 16 – 8-11:00 AM – P8 (Gatineau Park) – Skate rollerskis, running shoes, ski-walking poles
Tuesday, June 18 – Off
Thursday, June 20 – 6-8:00 PM – Vincent Massey Park – Running shoes
Sunday, June 23 – 8-11:00 AM – P8 (Gatineau Park) – Time Trial #1 and Extra Technique – Skate rollerskis, running shoes, ski-walking poles
June 25-28 – Owl Training Camp – L2C Year Round Athletes only
June 27 – No practice
June 30 – No practice
Please fill out the following rollerskiing and health forms before rollerskiing starts on May 19th. If you don’t complete the forms, and submit them by that date, you will not be permitted to rollerski.
- Parents please review, complete, and sign the following three online documents with your skier:
- Code of Conduct U18 – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dC1rRThRR012VTBZbWdjQVc2TjAyZ1E6MQ#gid=0
- Roller Ski Guidelines – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFRzOWVvS24xOGszNzZWYThlT1hoX1E6MQ#gid=0
- Nakkertok Consent to Terms and Conditions of Athlete Transportation – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGtkd1Noa2NCTV9MZ1FoeEY4ZWZfdGc6MQ#gid=0
- If you are a returning skier, please find Marlys at practice (in a grey Ford Flex). She will have your old forms which you must sign and date.
- If you are a new skier , you must bring the following complete form.
- Please go to http://nakkertok.ca/racing/documents/
- Download and print the form “Athlete Emergency Contact Information, Medical Information, and Emergency Medical Consent Form.” The link is near the bottom of the page.
- Give completed medical form to Marlys at practice.
Congratualtions to Nakkertok Athletes!!,
The nomination list is out and Several Nakkertok Skiers have been nomintated to be members of the National team, the National Junior Team and National Development Centres. Congratulations to:
Perianne Jones – Member of the National Ski Team
Katherine Stewart-Jones – Member of the National Junior Team
Ben Wilkinson-Zan – Member of the National Junior Team and NDC Thunder-Bay
Yannick Lapierre – Member of AWCA
Patrick Stewart-Jones – Member of AWCA
Zeke Williams – Member of AWCA
Colin Foley – Member of CVTC
These nominations represent a significant achievement for all of these athletes and recognition for their hard work and their potential for the future. Further details can be found here
Some photos from Nationals, courtesy Rob Smith.
[Ed:Apols for the delay in posting.]