As most of you will heave heard, Nakkertok is hosting the 2019 Canadian Ski Championships from March 13-20. You can sign up to volunteer here https://engne.ivolunteer.com/
This is a huge event drawing skiers from across the country for a week of outstanding racing.
In order to have the event run smoothly we need volunteers! There are many roles available for all levels of skill, many of which require no experience at all. This is a great opportunity to see some fantastic skiing while fulfilling your volunteer commitment.
To date we are just over 50% staffed for the event. Now’s the time to join the team!
Less technical roles include:
- preparing welcome bags for the skiers (March 11 evening)
- food services – offering drinks to skiers at finish, serving food in main tent (all days)
- sorting and washing bibs (all days)
- course marshall – awesome gig, “on course”, keeping spectators off the course, great way to see the action! (all days)
- finish line – bib callers and recorders see the bib numbers and write them down (all days)
*High school students can obtain volunteer hours for participating.