Nakkertok Nordic is a thriving cross country ski club located in Cantley, Quebec. With almost 1500 members we are the largest cross country ski club in Canada, with a full range of educational, recreational and competitive skiing programs. We are looking for a part-time Club Administrator who can play an essential role in the smooth running of our club, acting as the primary face of the club on administrative matters as well as in member relations and communications.
We have incredible volunteers who contribute significant time and energy into every aspect of our club – through coaching, racing events, trails and facilities and an endless list of other remarkable contributions. Our Administrator role is vital to providing the administrative backbone that so much of our volunteer and membership infrastructure rests on.
Are you super organized, with a passion for getting things done the most efficient and effective way? This role provides you with schedule flexibility and lots of room to take the initiative to deliver value to our members. This is a part-time role that would be required throughout the year, and would be delivered from the comfort of your home office. Areas in which we need your energy and experience include:
- Experience working in a not for profit organization and working with volunteers
- Organizing and coordinating registrations for club membership, winter programs and year-round training programs and events
- Providing information on the club’s programs and membership to members as well as the general public
- Administering the club website, ensuring content is current, and helping volunteer leaders get their messages out to members
- Administering all facility and trail bookings using online systems
- Taking care of all of our club records, paper and electronic
- And a wide array of administrative activities that make volunteers’ jobs easier, and make members smile, like ordering tuques, and sharing photos and program highlights through our online tools
Here are some things that we want to be sure that you can bring to the club:
- A history of showing great initiative, digging in to learn, to constantly improve our processes and tools, to problem solve and take ownership of a problem until it’s figured out
- Super organizational skills – we want to know that you’re happy when you get things done on schedule, and all ‘balls in the air’ are accounted for
- Strong speaking and writing skills, in both English and French – we’ll need you to connect with our members as well as the general public, through our website, email and other social media channels
- Solid experience in Office apps, including WORD and EXCEL and a keen interest to explore new technologies.
And here is what we have to offer you:
- Nakkertok has beautiful spirit. Our members love the outdoors, they love winter, and they have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude that results in incredible achievements on the trails and in competition, as well as a unique feeling of community
- A role that provides a blend of flexibility and challenge, working on a wide range of activities and enables you to work a range of 10 o 15 hours per week.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com by Friday, March 3rd, 2017.
Please consult the Administrator job description in English and French for more information about our club. You can also consult a French version of this job ad.
We appreciate your interest and will follow up with individuals whose skills and experience align with our requirements.