We are looking for enthusiastic, skilled cross-country skiers ideally with racing and coaching experience to join the coaching team at Nakkertok in a development role. In this position, you would assist a coach lead working with U12, U14 or U16 racers at 1 to 3 sessions per week (1.5 to 7 hours per week) developing your coaching skills. There will be opportunities to advance your coaching certifications.
– A keen interest in coaching and instructing youth in cross-country skiing.
– Adhere to all Club and Program policies and procedures.
– Demonstrated proficiency in classic and skate skiing and, for U14 and U16 coaches, roller skiing.
– NCCP certification: must be willing to participate in required coach training and certification.
– Nordiq Canada coaching license.
– Ability to work collaboratively with volunteers in various roles.
– ‘Vulnerable Sector’ police record check.
– First Aid-CPR ‘C’ certificate (desirable but not mandatory).
– Excellent time management and organizational skills.
– Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
– Sense of humour.
– Ability to communicate in French and English is an asset.
Start Date: October 2021
Terms: October 2021 to March 2022
Rate of Pay: starting at $14.50/hour
Apply: please send a brief letter of interest and cross-country skiing CV to Alain Nicolle (Race Director) at email@example.com