Responsible To: SkiFast lead instructor
The Nakkertok Nordic Center is one of the largest Nordic centers in Canada. We have excellent facilities with professional grooming as well as the ability to produce artificial snow. In addition, Nakkertok runs the Nakkertok SkiFast program, which is an outreach program that allows participants in school programs, clubs as well as the corporate sector to learn the basics of cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. The program is also responsible for instructing private and semi-private lessons at Nakkertok.
The Nakkertok Nordic Center is looking for an individual to fulfill the duties of Nakkertok SkiFast – Ski and Snowshoe instructors for the 2019-2020 season. We are looking for motivated individuals who are passionate about skiing.
The instructors will provide quality ski/snowshoe instruction for groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner.
Skills and experience
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety with varying winter weather
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of cross-country skiing and snowshoeing
- Supervising class participants at all time
- Attends information meetings
- Assisting with the equipment transportation, set-up and tear down
- Performs any other related task
- All instructors require a police background check for the vulnerable sector
- This position requires the Introduction to Community Coaching certificate or equivalent. (The Club can facilitate the certification)
Term of Agreement
15 Nov 2019 to 31 March, 2020
Contracted and flexible hours. Please note that hours are extremely variable based on the seasonal nature of cross country skiing. Hourly rate determined by experience and qualifications
If you’re interested or would like more information, please send your resume to the Club Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org